Equitable Origin Position Announcement: Energy Program Director
Equitable Origin is seeking a Energy Program Director.
Equitable Origin is a non-profit, multi-stakeholder organization incorporated in the United States
with operations throughout North America, South America and Europe. Equitable Origin partners
with business, government and communities to support transparent, sustainable and equitable
energy development that benefits all stakeholders.
Equitable Origin was founded over a decade ago with a vision to leverage market-based
mechanisms to recognize and reward responsible energy producers and to empower energy
purchasers and users to positively influence upstream impacts. Equitable Origin aims to address
the need for certified-responsible development of the energy on which we all rely. The EO System
helps to incentivize and promote best practices and better performance within the industry.
EO developed the world’s first multi-stakeholder standard and certification system for the energy
sector: the EO100™ Standard for Responsible Energy Development. The EO100™ Standard is the
foundation of the Equitable Origin system and provides a framework for implementing and
verifying enhanced environmental, social and governance (ESG) performance, greater
transparency, more accountability, and better outcomes for local stakeholders in energy
Join a ground-breaking, passionate team of change makers at Equitable Origin. Our vision is a just
energy transition where energy and natural resource development is carried out responsibly and
creates benefits for all stakeholders.
The Energy Program Director will work with Equitable Origin’s CEO to support the EO100™
Standard and Certification. This will include the following responsibilities:
• Manage the EO certification team to ensure effective program administration;
• Oversee professional development and annual performance reviews of the certification
team, and identify training opportunities for employees;
• Oversee the EO100™ certification process including the self-assessment, assessor
approval, peer review, certificate issuance, annual verification and witness assessments;
• Contract and client management; develop and maintain rapport with clients and support
clients through the certification process;
• Build out additional business areas for standard application (additional technical
supplements and/or additional countries of standard application);
Help develop program funding model and registry application for certified production;
• Help develop annual program strategy, goals and budget forecasts;
• Track program income and budget performance;
• Coordinate and lead standards review processes and write standard and assurance
• Identify and coordinate with technical experts;
• Keep up to date with current industry and policy research and relevant ESG standards and
• Collaborate with government, producers, NGOs, and socially responsible investors to
promote best practices on disclosure of key ESG indicators;
• Engage energy companies to adopt the EO100™ Standard;
• Engage energy utilities and other downstream energy users on opportunities to support
• Respond to stakeholder requests for information, questions or formal grievances related
to the certification process or certified sites;
• Oversee communications and marketing of the EO100™ Standard and Certification,
including review of press releases and blog articles;
• Represent EO at external events and conferences.
MA, MSC or equivalent technical qualification.
• At least ten years of experience working in the oil and gas sector, preferably with a focus
on natural gas production.
• Experience conducting assessments, audits or evaluations of HSE or other ESG
performance at the site level including on the ground assessment (not desktop based).
• Willingness to travel to various sites throughout North America.
• Knowledge of ESG metrics and frameworks.
• Strong organizational and project management skills with a demonstrated ability to take
initiative and work well with multi-disciplinary dispersed teams.
• Strong marketing capabilities with willingness to run multiple marketing presentations
weekly to interested stakeholders.
• Leadership skills and business development experience growing ESG programs and
services considered an asset.
• Managerial or supervisory experience overseeing diverse, remote teams preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including experience working well with
internal teams and external stakeholders.
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office, google sheets, and virtual meeting
platforms (Zoom, Teams, Google Meets).
• Eligibility to work in country of residence.
What we can offer you:
This is a chance to work with and learn from an experienced and collegiate team of professionals
and to lead and contribute to several high-impact, influential and ground-breaking projects in
responsible energy development and the energy transition.
• A competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
• Allowance for professional skill development.
• Discretionary, performance-related bonus.
• 15 days’ vacation per annum (increasing to 20 over time) plus public holidays.
• Diverse, exciting and impactful work.
• Travel: 5-10%.
• Being part of a dynamic and experienced international team passionate about responsible
business, human rights and social change.
• Flexible working hours and possibility to work remotely.
Equitable Origin is currently active throughout North and South America, with staff in Ecuador,
Peru, Mexico, the United States and Canada. Our North America team members are located in
Texas, New York, North Carolina and Calgary. We have a policy to accommodate remote, flexible
and autonomous working arrangements in return for a commitment to extremely high-quality
deliverables, working to fulfil project goals, and consistently meeting deadlines.
Location: U.S.A. or Canada (Remote)
Type: Full time
To apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject
line: “Program Director Application”
Deadline: Please submit applications by February 10, 2023.
Equitable Origin’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation,
pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, disability (physical or mental), family
medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit