Equitable Origin Position Announcement: EO100™ Senior Sustainability Advisor
Come and join a ground-breaking, passionate team of change makers at Equitable Origin. Our vision is a just energy transition where energy and natural resource development is carried out responsibly and creates benefits for all stakeholders.
Equitable Origin is a non-profit, multi-stakeholder organization incorporated in the United States with operations throughout North America, South America and Europe. Equitable Origin partners with business, government and communities to support transparent, sustainable and equitable energy development that benefits all stakeholders. Equitable Origin was founded over a decade ago with a vision to leverage market-based mechanisms to recognize and reward responsible energy producers and to empower energy purchasers and users to positively influence upstream impacts. Equitable Origin aims to address the need for certified-responsible development of the energy on which we all rely. The EO System helps to incentivize and promote best practices and better performance within the industry.
EO developed the world’s first multi-stakeholder standard and certification system for the energy sector: the EO100™ Standard for Responsible Energy Development. The EO100™ Standard is the foundation of the Equitable Origin system and provides a framework for implementing and verifying enhanced environmental, social and governance (ESG) performance, greater transparency, more accountability, and better outcomes for local stakeholders in energy
projects. The EO100™ Certification process is based on independent, third-party assurance performed by Equitable Origin-approved assessors.
The EO100™ Senior Sustainability Advisor will work with Equitable Origin’s CEO and Equitable Origin’s Director to support the EO100™ Standard and Certification for natural gas in the United States.
This will include:
• Engaging oil and gas companies to adopt the EO100™ Standard;
• Administering the EO100™ certification process including the self-assessment, assessor approval, peer review; certificate issuance and annual verification;
• Attending site assessments to evaluate assessor protocols and performance;
• Collaborating with industry initiatives, NGOs, and socially responsible investors to promote best practices on disclosure of key ESG indicators;
• Engaging energy utilities and other downstream energy users on opportunities to support certified-responsible natural gas;
• Responding to stakeholder requests for information or questions related to the certification process or certified sites;
• Developing communications materials, presentations, blogs, and other social media content related to the EO100™ Standard and certification system and certified sites;
• Representing EO at external events and conferences.
• BA, BS or equivalent technical qualification – higher level education considered an asset.
• At least five years of experience working in the oil and gas sector in the United States, preferably with a focus on natural gas production.
• Experience conducting assessments, audits or evaluations of HSE or other ESG performance at the site level including on the ground assessment.
• Willingness to travel to various sites throughout North America.
• Knowledge of ESG metrics and frameworks strongly preferred.
• Strong organizational and project management skills with a demonstrated ability to take initiative and work well with multi-disciplinary dispersed teams.
• Strong marketing capabilities with willingness to run multiple marketing presentations weekly to interested stakeholders.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including experience working well with internal teams and external stakeholders.
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office, google sheets, and virtual meeting platforms (Zoom, Teams, Google Meets).
• Eligibility to work in USA without requiring a VISA application.
Location: Remote USA, preference for Houston based candidate – Must have virtual office setup with high-speed internet.
Travel: Approximately 10%
Type: Full time
Benefits: Generous paid leave, health benefits
To apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Senior Sustainability Advisor”
Equitable Origin’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.